What is Gynaecomastia.?
Gynaecomastia is a medical condition in which the male breast tissue is getting enlarged to more like a female breast. It is also commonly called as Male boobs. It is mainly present in newborns, in the teenagers at the age of puberty and also present in older man.
Gynaecomastia - Symptoms
- Symptom of Gynaecomastia includes formation of rubbery or firm masses which starts from the nipple and then spreads around the breast area and thus forming like a female breast. It may occur in one or even in both the breasts.
Gynaecomastia - Causes and Risk Factors
- Imbalance of the sex hormones , testesterone and oestrogen is the major cause of Gynaecomastia.
- Oestrogen hormone which is a female hormone that causes the breast tissue to grow. Oestrogen hormone also occur in men and this imbalance of oestrogen causes breast to grow in men.
- Obesity is also a major reason for Gynaecomastia because it increases levels of oestrogen. During puberty, while passing thru the hormonal changes if the amount of testosterone drops, teenage boys can develop gynaecomastia. In older age, men usually produce less testosterone which ultimately tend to have more fat and thus lead to grow the size of breast.
Gynaecomastia - Diagnosis
- A careful examination of your history.
- Blood tests
- Mammograms and breast ultrasound if is there is a doubt of breast cancer.
Gynaecomastia - Treatments
- In case of Gynaecomastia, treatment is generally not considered. Usually treating the cause of gynaecomastia can treat it and will decrease the breast enlargement.
- Medical or surgical treatment may be considered after the treatment.
- In surgical treatment, the enlarged breast is either partially or totally removed with the preservation of the nipple and overlying skin.
Easy Solution for Gynaecomastia. We will provide full solution. It includes
- Complete History
- Complete care and Check up
- Surgery , if required
- Post surgical treatment
- Health support
© 2021 Dr. Suman, All rights reserved.